Sunday 8 December 2019

J. S. Walker Letter (20 May 1862)


Camp 6 miles from Richmond,
20th May 1862.

My dear Wife:

            I have only time to drop you a line to say I am very well. I was glad to hear you had left for Lynchburg. I am writing in a field and have nothing to communicate of interest. Kiss the dear children. Give love to all friends. Have not seen Kirk, as he is in another division of the Army in another locality. I hope to be in Richmond soon for a few hours at any rate. As soon as the great battle is over, I hope I may have an opportunity of seeing you all. The Lord keep you and our little ones.

                                                Yours affectionately,

                                                            Jno S. Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment